Saturday, August 15, 2009

Fantastic Films article on Outer Limits

(Click on images to enlarge.)


Scanned from my copy of the 5th issue of "Fantastic Films," published in December of 1978, is an indepth look at one of the most memorable science fiction series to come out of the 60's... which isn't Star Trek. The Outer Limits had a different monster every week, and at my tender age of six, when it first came out, it was too scary for me. Even the commercials would almost make me wet my pants, they were so terrifying! It was a few years later, when it was in rereuns, that I began to appreciate the show, and the delicious chills it brought to my spine. Even today when watching it, it takes me back to when I was 10 years old, watching it at my Grandma's house late at night. It had the best monsters anywhere, even counting the movies. I hope you enjoy this 30-year-old retrospective on this awesome 44-year-old series!

3 comments:

  1. Don't Open Till Doomsday and Specimen Unknown were two that I remember freaking me out as a kid. Basically, they were all scary but those two stuck out in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT POST !! I have unfortunately lost this great issue of FANTASTIC FILMS (which I had bought as an OL Fan) years ago, so I TRULY APPRECIATE the chance to read it again !

    Clem from Canada

    P.S. Check out my own OUTER LIMITS article (IN FRENCH !) on my blog : http://filmscultes.blogspot.com/search/label/AU-DELA%20DU%20REEL%20%281963-1965%29

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, this was MY feature article. At the time it was my most prestigious professional sale.

    ---Ted Rypel

    ReplyDelete